Electronic Arts and Other Big Gaming Companies
Video and casino games are the most lucrative businesses in the entertainment industry today. Games like Grand Theft Auto V have made more money than many of the top movies and books combines. Video games are huge and there are more and more gamers playing them on all devices including mobile phones. On this page of our site, we are looking at the biggest games companies including Electronic Arts, Nintendo, Ubisoft, and even computer game developers like Microgaming and NetEnt.
Biggest Computer Game Companies
Below are the highest grossing gaming companies in the world today.
- Ubisoft: This gaming company is worth $3.69 billion. It was founded in 1986 and founder Yves Guillemot still makes an appearance at every E3 conference Ubisoft holds. Ubisoft has come a long way and they have released some of the best-known gaming franchises on the market today such as Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy, and more. Their games are a huge success with gamers and their franchises are very strong ensuring a return on investment with every sequel released.
- Nintendo: This company is worth $20.11 billion and is one of the big names in the industry. Nintendo released Super Mario Bros back in the 1980s and many believe they helped shape the industry we have today. They have since created several well-known worlds and characters including The Legend of Zelda and Donkey Kong. Their games are paired with their innovative consoles and they continue to advance their products with technology.
- King: Worth $5.69 billion this company shows what a big hit game can do. King is behind the hugely successful Candy Crush Saga mobile game. This social mobile game was a hit with fans everywhere and the addictive leveling system has resulted in a game that is still played by millions of people every day.
- Electronic Arts: Worth $22.90 billion, EA are the oldest independent publishers in the gaming industry. The company was founded in 1982 and they are behind popular sports games, such as NBA, FIFA, and NFL, that are released every year. They have a hardcore audience of fans who by the new titles every year. EA acquired lots of game developers too including DICE in Sweden who make the Battlefield franchise. They have also partnered with Disney to be the sole distributor of Star Wars games.
- Activision Blizzard: This company is worth $29.23 billion and is the company behind some of the most successful competitive video games every. This includes the Call of Duty series, Destiny, World of Warcraft, Diablo, and Overwatch. A new Call of Duty title is released every year and this company is going to be around for many more years to come.
Biggest Online Casino Game Companies
Now that we've covered video games, it's time to look at casino games. Casino games make up a huge portion of the entertainment industry too and there are some big name companies in this category too. Below we have a brief overview of the top two casino game companies.
- Microgaming: This casino game company was founded in 1994 and they are behind some of the most popular slots games. They have licenses and partnerships with big name brands too. They have over 800 casino games and these can be played on all devices. They were the first casino company to create a progressive slot machine. They are also one of the founders of eCOGRA, an organization that ensures that casino games are fair and secure. Some of their most popular games include Game of Thrones, Thunderstruck, Mega Moolah, and Avalon.
- Netent: This casino game company excels in everything it does and is well known for exceptional games, stunning graphics, and innovative gameplay. The games are available for desktop and mobile and there are over 200 games to choose from. This company has deals with big brand names too and their branded slots include South Park, Guns 'N Roses, Motörhead, and more. Other popular slots are Gonzo's Quest, Starburst, Aliens, Jack Hammer, and Jack and the Beanstalk.
Both casino game companies have won awards for their games and innovations and are regular participants at ICE every year where they showcase their new and upcoming titles. Both companies also provide free versions of their games so that players can test them out and enjoy what's on offer. To play any of the games for real money, you would need to find an online casino that has a license for their games.
Whether it's Electronic Games, Nintendo, or Microgaming, you can be assured that there are video games to suit all players and with new technology and advancements, such as virtual reality, being made all the time, video games are only going to get better and better.